Hi guys, it's me, that girl katie, With kids back in school you might be thinking about where to spend your family holiday's this year? Well, Jackson, WY is a great place to enjoy the Wild West as a family.
The TOP 5 kid friendly Jackson, WY winter activities:
1. Ice Skating Where: Town Square (Outdoor skating rink) When: Mid-December through February Why: Strap on your ice skates, and glide around under the festive winter-time antler arches of Jackson Hole’s town square. Warm up with hot chocolate and refreshments while enjoying one of town’s many local, live bands! Cost: Skating is free, skate rentals available on site Contact: 307-739-6789 Jackson Hole Skating Club
2. Jackson Hole Kid’s Ranch (Ski and Snowboard Club)Where: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Teton Village When: December-March Why: The Kid’s Ranch provides a myriad of activities for children, age 6 months to 18. From the Wild West Woods to the educational ski and snowboard program, children spend the day discovering the mountain. This also gives parents time to explore alone, and an afternoon reunion can be spent exploring the snow castle on the village commons, as well as listening to live music under the Tram (late season only). Cost: From $105, depending on the program Contact: 1-800-450-0477 or 307-739-2788
3. Snow King Tubing ParkWhere: Base of Snow King Mountain Ski Area located at Snow King Avenue & Cache Street (6 blocks from Town Square) When: Mid-December through early April Tuesday through Friday from 2:30pm-6:30pm Weekends from 11:30am-6:30pm Why: Outside fun as you fly down a groomed track. You need to be at least 42” tall Cost: $16 for a 1-hour adult session, $21 for a 2-hour session Juniors/Seniors are $13 for a 1-hour session, $18 for a 2-hour session. Contact: 307-734-8823
4. Jackson Hole Children's MuseumWhere: 174 North King Street, Jackson, WY When: Tuesday-Friday 10am-6pm, Saturdays 10am-3pm Why: To inspire imagination and creativity. Children and their families will be encouraged to examine the world together through interactive exhibits and programs in the arts, sciences, ecology, and history and to further explore the exceptional place that is Jackson Hole. Cost: $7.50 daily entrance fee, children under 2 are free Contact: 307.733.3996
5. Winter Sleigh RidesWhere: National Elk Refuge, tickets can be purchased at the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center at 532 North Cache When: Mid-December through early April, from 10am-4pm Why: Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride among thousands of elk, providing riders with a unique wildlife viewing experience and an incredible opportunity for photography. What to wear: warm layers, boots, gloves, and a winter hat. Blankets are provided. Cost: Adults $19, Children ages 5-12 $15, Children under 5 are free. Private sleighs are $350 per sleigh for up to 16 people. First-come, first-served, Reservations are available but not required except for private tours or groups of 20+ Contact: Double H Bar, Inc. 307.733.0277